Thursday, January 27, 2011

So photogenic

I busted out the camera last night - and boy did I have fun.  Scampy is so cute, and hopefully my pictures have captured his playfulness and sweetness.  He's been doing great - setttling in nicely.  He knows how to sit, and come. He is learning to not grab toys from big dogs.  :) My redbone is a bit more relaxed around him now, and enjoys playing with him.  Scampy loves her long ears - such wonderful, easy targets!

He went to the vet yesterday - the vet said he is around 11 weeks old, and weighed 11 pounds.  She thinks he might have a bit of lab in him. So... I might have to up my guess on his full-grown size to around 40 pounds. I need to find an adoptathon around here soon, so he can get some face time.

We also had Steve Wilson, a local dog trainer, come visit our multi-dog household to give us some training tips.  With so many young, big dogs, things were getting a bit too crazy for my liking.  What a wonderful training session - Paul and I learned so much.  We knew the basics, but there was much fine-tuning to be done - just small adjustments, that have made a big difference. I must've asked a million questions, and he took the time to answer every single one.  I highly recommend him!  His website is: http://www.theraleighdogtrainer.com/  His views and philosophies (and you know I have many) were very much aligned with mine - communication and leadership are the key tools to use, not dominance and antiquated gear.  Scampy just followed along with the dog training, too, and was a model student.

No comments:

Post a Comment